Chalkboard Hearts

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day

Well, the kids and I have been busy trying to complete our Mother's Day gifts by Friday. We have made the cutest fingerprint vases I found from Kaboose, it was tricky to keep the enamel paint off the little ones clothes, but it was worth it. We then made tissue paper flowers to put in them. I remember making them from when I was a kid, I think we made them everyday it seemed like.




We then made our stick photo frames with some pictures we had taken during our Tot School time. The kids had fun with the decorating... and they loved gluing the frames together, but that was a little nerve racking for me. I had to keep straightening them. In the end, I think they came out pretty good.





We also spent time practicing our writing. We wrote our cards out... each child got to decorate with some die cut flowers, color their vase (which most of the kids punched out, with exception of our littlest kids) and then they each got to write their names, and I Love You Mom. They did a great job. I don't think you can see the writing on the side of the vase, it is in pencil so it is a little hard to see.




Lastly, we made calendars for each of our parents. The kids got to help position the pictures and pick out their favorite ones. We rushed to get them all finished and when we went to spiral them to make them into the books, the store was closed until Saturday!!! ARGH!!!! So, now I need to run to the store on Saturday morning and then drop each calendar off to the families that are closest to me. I don't want them to not have them for Mother's Day... the kids worked to hard on them. I will try to post a picture of the calendars when they are complete.

Now, I must get off the computer and clean up the kitchen for tomorrow and sterilize the playroom so no one gets sick. Something that occupies a lot of my time lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment