Chalkboard Hearts

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life with Boys




I am waking each morning at 5:45am to get up and walk with the dogs. We (the dogs & I) have decided that this is the only time we can actually get 30 minutes of uninterrupted walking in. The dogs love it, I am exhausted, but love it and now my 11 yr old son loves it. Here I was thinking I could have some alone time and he decides that he would like to walk off some of those extra pounds he is carrying (ha, ha)


I was surprised to find that I actually love having him with me, even though he is much slower than I would like. We talk, laugh at the dogs, and he tells me what is going on in his pre-teen life. I keep having to stop myself from reprimanding him or lecturing him and just LISTEN. This time together could be pretty short and I want to make it as special as I can.

So, for now I will enjoy some one on one time with my son and remember that God gave me 4 boys for a reason and this is just 1 of the many joys that I get from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment