Chalkboard Hearts

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Wednesday!!

So far this year... 2010... I have slowed down a bit. That week off after the Christmas Holiday took me by surprise. I got to sit and just be in my home with just my family for the first time in a long time. I have always had daycare going on or I was traveling to visit people or people were here. So, I have realized that I need to slow down. My boys and family come first. I need to stop putting the needs of others before the needs of my own.

I have decided that my after school adventures need to be curtailed... I realize that some of these kids would do better in different situations. I can't be all things to all kids. I always think I can do better than others, but I just wasn't able to meet all the needs of the bigger kid. So, as Parents found different care for them while I was going through my licensing process, I have come to realize that that is okay and maybe I shouldn't fill those spots.

Also, I have been not running so much. I have been reading, bring Cal to Karate, and hopefully being a little more present with my own children instead of being "done" with kids at 5:30 each night. I am realizing that doing for yourself and your family isn't a bad thing, it doesn't make you a bad Childcare Provider... in the end it makes you better.

I read the book Precious, by Sapphire... Wow. I thought it was a young adult book, but it was pretty intense. I am not sure I would let my teenager read it, but then again it is about a teenager and maybe it would be good for them to see a different view point on life. On how a Parent's choice can affect a child in such profound ways. It was an intense read, not for the weak stomachs out there, but I couldn't put it down and read it through in a day. Don't get me wrong, I loved the book... it gave me something to think about, and I like that.

So, my next book to read will be Please Stop Laughing At Me, by Jodee Blanco. It is about bullying, from a someone who lived it and came out on the other end. I think it will be interesting. I hope so.

That's what I am up to... I am still trying to get on the eating healthier bandwagon :) not doing so great on that front... not sure why... but I am talking to myself about it all the time. Well, maybe not when I am thinking of eating those Girl Scout Cookies that I ordered.... ARGHHH!!! Will power!!! Have a Great Wednesday!! I am looking forward to my Date Night with the Twins!! We are seeing Mall Cop at their school, who is hosting this Take Your Mom On A Date thingy... it should prove to be a wonderful memorable night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment