Chalkboard Hearts

Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 5 of the Shred

I am on the 5th day of the shred... the kids at Daycare are actually noticing that my belly isn't as "floppy." How cute is that. I think my "floppy" belly was a comfort to some of the kids who would climb up on my lap during the day. Oh well, I think my arms will have to be enough from now on. "floppy" is out!!
I am actually feeling a difference with these 5 days down. I didn't want to get up this morning because I knew it was going to be such a long day... we go to Long Island, NY tonight for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. So I wanted to sleep, but I am glad I didn't. It was nice to get moving and know that even if I can't shred at the in-laws I got as much in before I left and I can take some nice spring walks there at night.
I am finding it hard not to get on the scale though. It took all my will power not to get on that scale this morning. I know it will just fluctuate each day... so I am hoping by next Thursday I will see some loss. At least a pound I am hoping. I think the slower it comes off, the better chance I have in keeping it off. I mean it took 2 years to put it on...
I am trying to eat like I would normally... not the "diet" kind of eating... just eating to be healthy and the way I would eat when I get to my target weight. I know I have to cut portions and eat more veggies... but I do indulge in ice cream or snacks with the kids sometimes. Running a daycare and having 4 young boys in the house... snacks and ice cream are always flowing :)
Well, I won't post again until I am back from Long Island... but I will post on how I did while away. Will power... I will keep repeating it to myself. Hey... maybe I will even take a picture with me actually in it?? Maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment