Summer is upon us and that means that the kids begin spending time with Mom and Dad at home. Most of the daycare kids Mom's are teachers and I won't see them until mid August. I will miss them terribly. After spending so much time with these children, 8 or more hours a day, 5 days a week... you really start to feel like they are family.
Yesterday was the last day for 4 of my "kids." I miss them already.
1. The Laughter!!
2. How they were in constant motion.
3. How they felt like this was their home.
4. The Snuggles
5. The Friendships they formed
6. The sound of my name from a 2 yr olds mouth
7. The Hugs... so many hugs everyday
8. "I Love You" said to me at least 5 times a day, everyday!!
I know they will have a great summer with their parents, and I will get them back in 2 months time, but for now I need to transition myself into not having all those things for the summer. I will spend my time giving and receiving love from my own 4 children and reconnecting with them after these long months of sharing with the daycare kids. I look forward to that.
But anyone who has worked with young children, knows what I am going through right now.
f is for feelings
3 months ago